Jump to content
Mark from Facebook

Santa Fe School Shooting

Recommended Posts

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/us/texas-school-shooting/index.html

 

Another School Shooting in the United states just happened.

 

The article states that its the 22nd school shooting since the year started and third school shooting in eight days.

 

I'm already desensitized over school shootings due to their frequency, but holy shit, something needs to be done for better gun control.

I don't have the solution, nor I know what the solution would be without limiting the second amendment, but something needs to change before we have a new shooting every day. 

 

This is america.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this when I got home about 20 minutes ago. This shit is getting way to out of hand. I agree with you Mark, I don't know what can be done to even stop all of this.

One High School in my district actually has every single door locked inside and going outside, and every student has their ID in a lanyard (that they are required to wear 24/7) and the ID is there key to get into whatever room they need to for school. Just walk up to the scanner and they scan it.

Now, who's going to pay for all this? Hell if I know, but I feel if we could have about every school doing this too, I believe this would drastically drop the school shooting rates because you're almost completely eliminating the chance of a shooter to even get into the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw it on the news just now and I am appalled by how often I see shootings now.  We really do need to do something about this. Whatever it may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have cousins that go there thankfully  they are okay but this is just out of control and it want only the shooting though they found explosives around the school luckily in time.

 

 

 

Check out @UnstrippedVoice’s Tweet:

And this ignorant guy smh

 

 

Check 

 

Edited by tazmanianxdude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would help if teachers would also help students by 

  • Not picking favorites
  • ACTUALLY  helping someone when they see bullying occur 
  • Obtain more personal / professional relations with students at an appropriate level
  • Be more open and inviting if someone were to have an issue

It's 2018. This is a national dilemma and nobody is changing to help. It needs to start somewhere and I truly believe it can begin with teachers being less like robots and more like mentors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About a month ago, a group of people at our school were planning on a shooting. They were planning to hit the fire alarm and bring us to the field, but luckily one of the person from their group told the high school principle about their plan. Immediately the cops came and took them.

 

Yeah school shooting is a scary thing, and this should be stopped somehow. After lots of news about school shootings, people are getting even scared each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gun control could help, but I think a major problem is that from my understanding is that the kid was bullied and had little to 0 friends. Better treatment can go a long ways. If this kid wanted to do harm with guns outlawed, I'm sure he would still able to get his hands on something if he tried hard enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Imperium said:

Gun control could help, but I think a major problem is that from my understanding is that the kid was bullied and had little to 0 friends. Better treatment can go a long ways. If this kid wanted to do harm with guns outlawed, I'm sure he would still able to get his hands on something if he tried hard enough.

Anyone who has a passion to hurt others will find a way. There is no way around it. Be for, or against firearms... there will never be a day when there will not be firearms in the United States, that being said, gun control and restrictions will not do anything good, but will rather make it harder for a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if we made the purchase of guns limited to those 21 and up?

 

Mainly because the people in high school are 18 years old and sometimes they want to lash out, but with time, they leave that group of friends and life moves on.

 

What if someone only above the age of 21 was legal to purchase guns, do you think that would have a positive effect on gun control (mainly due to them being older and a bit more responsible at that age?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark from Facebook said:

What if we made the purchase of guns limited to those 21 and up?

 

Mainly because the people in high school are 18 years old and sometimes they want to lash out, but with time, they leave that group of friends and life moves on.

 

What if someone only above the age of 21 was legal to purchase guns, do you think that would have a positive effect on gun control (mainly due to them being older and a bit more responsible at that age?)

I completely agree with this. I see no reason why a person under 21 should be allowed to purchase a gun. I'm not sure how he purchased his shot gun, but I don't see why its okay for a 19 year can go into a gun store and purchase one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Imperium said:

I completely agree with this. I see no reason why a person under 21 should be allowed to purchase a gun. I'm not sure how he purchased his shot gun, but I don't see why its okay for a 19 year can go into a gun store and purchase one

The stories I read were saying they were his fathers guns. Most big-name stores are turning to "Nobody under the age of 21 may purchase guns or munitions" which could help. But as a law-abiding gun owner, it pisses me off that I can't go buy ammunition for a day at the range without mommy or daddy because I'm not 21 yet and apparently all mental illnesses that turn into school shootings only ranges from people from 18-21. I do agree that something needs to be done about making our schools safe and keeping tragedies like this from happening, but I've said it before, I'll say it again... America doesn't have a gun problem, we have a mental health problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark from Facebook said:

What if we made the purchase of guns limited to those 21 and up?

 

Mainly because the people in high school are 18 years old and sometimes they want to lash out, but with time, they leave that group of friends and life moves on.

 

What if someone only above the age of 21 was legal to purchase guns, do you think that would have a positive effect on gun control (mainly due to them being older and a bit more responsible at that age?)

Yeah, I also agree. I am 14, and I already have friends who love airsoft and goes shooting every weekend. They have lots of guns in their closet and their parents don’t really care. Another friend of mine already got expelled from our school for buying real life guns during school. I was extremely confused on how stupid he was for doing that in school. Our teachers can track our iPads which makes it little safer for us which got my friend expelled. (Even though that invades our privacy.) But I sometimes think that one day, they might get out of control and these shootings might happen in our school too which frightens me a lot.

Edited by FaZe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FaZe said:

Yeah, I also agree. I am 14, and I already have friends who love airsoft and goes shooting every weekend. They have lots of guns in their closet and their parents don’t really care. Another friend of mine already got expelled from our school for buying real life guns during school. I was extremely confused on how stupid he was for doing that in school. Our teachers can track our iPads which makes it little safer for us which got my friend expelled. (Even though that invades our privacy.) But I sometimes think that one day, they might get out of control and these shootings might happen in our school too which frightens me a lot.

there is no such thing as privacy whilst in school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to think that my high school may never get shot up, but now i don't even know since after all these shootings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we talk about these shootings, it's absolutely horrible that the words 'another' and 'again' even come up in these discussions. I'm not sure what can be done at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mark from Facebook said:

What if we made the purchase of guns limited to those 21 and up?

 

Mainly because the people in high school are 18 years old and sometimes they want to lash out, but with time, they leave that group of friends and life moves on.

 

What if someone only above the age of 21 was legal to purchase guns, do you think that would have a positive effect on gun control (mainly due to them being older and a bit more responsible at that age?)

You see, I’m fine with this, but the kid who did this was 17..... He couldn’t even legally own or buy a gun. Raising the age wouldn’t matter in this situation, and other shooting incidents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×