MistaChang

Zombie Escape Suggestion Thread

If you would like to give input, please be specific it is in what you want.
If you want a map, provide the map download.
If you want a change to the server, explain what you want to be changed and why.

Also a note to our regulars. https://discord.gg/wPDJQWH
That is the official sG discord. Feel free to join.

1.) Lag; the ZE server has severe lag issues when 35+ people join the server. I've been experincing lag with only 6 people sometimes.

The lag is getting pretty crazy since about a month ago. There are people on the internet who claim windows preforms better than linux on CSS servers, but no other game.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csgo-osx-linux/issues/1492 This is a major thing that needs to be looked into.

2.) Our shop prices are ridiculous. 500k for a skin.

We can start lowering our prices of skins to that of JB and minigames. We can lower our amount given out too, to 20 from 100, like other sG servers. Before that is done, ensure the store prices match other store prices. Sure, our regulars will have a lot of credits, but they already have so much at this point there isn't anything worth sticking around for except showing off show many credits you have. Even if we don't adjust ZE players credits due to complications, we can begin by fixing our store. We don't need a credit adjust, that was only a suggestion.

3.) Re-root extra credits to [JoinsG] rather than sG ZE, giving 10 extra rather than 20. 

Reduce past event winners getting 20 credits rather than 100 credits due to them winning an event; to allow competition with the store again.

4.) Adjust zombie health. They are unkillable.

16k for mother zombie

9k for none mother

Reduce the zombie health regen by half. 

5.) Remove the zombie skin that is shaped like a circle. I'm not sure the name of it. It's too hard to hit.

6.) Molly's are not needed, they are a crutch like decoys used to be. Also, remove heavy kevlar.

7.) When zombies jump, they do not receive knockback. This is a major thing that needs to be looked at.

8.) Make the nomination cooldown 2x longer.

9.) Allow spectator chat with none-spectators.

10.) start off with x2 HE grenades

11.) Change skill bot to allow points to be enabled at 10 people, rather than 15.

12.) Make jumping zombies receive knockback.

Edited by MistaChang

2 hours ago, MistaChang said:

1.) Lag; the ZE server has severe lag issues when 35+ people join the server. I've been experincing lag with only 6 people sometimes.

The lag is getting pretty crazy since about a month ago. There are people on the internet who claim windows preforms better than linux on CSS servers, but no other game.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csgo-osx-linux/issues/1492 This is a major thing that needs to be looked into.

I shared this with chang in the other thread, ill share here too.

3526643959.png

there is a bug in linux srcds that doesnt allow the networking portion of the game to leverage a second core. In windows, srcds will use one core while networking is on the other. You'll see in the github issues, that they mention exceeding 100% cpu, this means cpu1 is maxed (srcds game) and we're using the 2nd core for networking. srcds (game) is single-threaded only and can not benefit from multiple cores.  As you can see, with a maxed server, you are seeing 16% cpu utilization on average. 

This doesnt mean that certain actions don't cause cpu spikes, but we need to know specifics about which actions cause the problem, what map, how many players, etc. 

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

One thing that causes server lag is the napalm effect from he grenades. It gets to the point where people need to tell the team to stop throwing them all together, despite how much they help slowing down zombies... Many ze servers have it removed already and I feel like removing it from our server would be beneficial.

If you have some links to threads where this is discussed, please share them, it will go a long way to helping staff gather information on the issue and then resolve it. 

for example, if on map A, doing X results in a sudden lag spike. we want to know what a and x are, along with the player count.

or in guardian's example, does the napalm effect cause lag on every map regardless of players or only certain maps, or only when more than X players.. 

it's difficult work to isolate the issues, but you guys play on the server, so you have the best opportunity to take notes. Any time you see lag, pause your game play fun and evaluate the situation. as many details as can be gathered, then post it in the bug forum (if we still have it, @fontaine ) or in here.. whatever.

2 minutes ago, driz said:

for example, if on map A, doing X results in a sudden lag spike. we want to know what a and x are, along with the player count.

or in guardian's example, does the napalm effect cause lag on every map regardless of players or only certain maps, or only when more than X players.. 

it's difficult work to isolate the issues, but you guys play on the server, so you have the best opportunity to take notes. Any time you see lag, pause your game play fun and evaluate the situation. as many details as can be gathered, then post it in the bug forum (if we still have it, @fontaine ) or in here.. whatever.

There's usually a constant lag in the background though when it starts getting full. Like if you hop on the server tonight, I will show you what I mean.

Edited by MistaChang

Chang is definitely right about the stores and credits. It keeps regulars and newcomers to stay on the server to play and build up credits so they can purchase whatever they want on the server. For me personally, I find that credits give players the motivation to keep playing on the server as I have seen it many times in the past playerbase. Mentioning this, I do believe the server store prices and credit earning ratio needs to be balanced because some people including myself have hundreds and thousands of which is pretty much useless at this point and a 500k credits for one skin is a bit extreme which almost makes it look like a joke.

Another thing I want to bring upon myself is even though I am not an SG member, I would like to say that if the server is truly going to keep evolving it needs to be treated as a business. That meaning said, we need people who are willing to step up that's wanting to learn how to run the server programs/plugins to fix these issues right away. I heard that their aren't a lot of people here who knows how to handle these problems but if we can have a leader or an instructor who can spread the knowledge it would be a whole game changer. It would definitely benefit the server to have more than one person running the show than stressing out a single person to run the whole program.

Also for the past couple of months, I know that Chang has been putting time and effort to fix the server and willing to become maybe the next possible ADV. It would be great if someone can share the knowledge with him on how to run stuff like plugins or programs etc. If that's the case, I think the server can improve exponentially just by having him to learn those things. 

6 minutes ago, driz said:

it usually lags when a large group of zombies gets hit by a nade which happens on all maps pretty much. Considering when we have +35 people on the server, it gets laggier.

Ice-Today at 9:36 PM

Can we get "sv_full_alltalk" set to "1" and "sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities" set to "0"? sv_full_alltalk 1 allows spectators to type in chat and have their text chat read by living players. They can already be heard over the mic by living players, so it is a bit weird that we don't have it set already so that they can type to them. As for sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities 0, it fixes the cannon on ze_30_seconds, the ramp on ze_fapescape_p5, and some areas on a few others maps that launch you quickly somewhere.

@fps_trucka

@MistaChang @fps_trucka @Ice @willy (wilson)

List of maps that should be added to the server.

Crouch Spamming Causes huge delay.

Helps doing lasers and whatever else necessary.

Powow zombies.

Zombies should not spam jump to avoid getting knocked back.

Zombies over powered.

First zombie with 15K HP.

Default zombies have 9K HP.

Giving Ct's a chance to kill zombies.

Theres no need for molotov's.

Grenade capacity of 2 per person at the start of a round.

Weapons being bought should already be loaded.

Nominations cool down is to little.

Separate nominations list. 

Nominations list should have try hard maps that need a specific amount of players to be on.

A certain amount to nominate that map aswell.

Zombies get no knock back from He Grenades.

When zombies are hit they shoot up instead of back.

New zombie classes.

During map nominations everyone should get muted during voting.

People who are Admin or Supporters can talk. Could influence people  into buying supporter.

If I have anymore suggestions I will not hesitate to inform you all.

~StarSlayer

Edited by StarSlayer

2 hours ago, StarSlayer said:

@driz @MistaChang @fps_trucka @willy (wilson) @Mimic

Hey, It's your boy. I got many suggestions so get ready.

First would like to congrats the new advisor *Cough*  Chang  *Cough*. Lets get started.

There is a list of maps that need to be added into the server.

Checked myself and they're not in. Now some are big maps and to download them once is a sacrifice.

Luck_Matters

FFXll_Feywood

Ice_Cavern

Evil_Mansion

Ashen_Keep

Fire_Temples

Arctic_Escape Source

Alien_Mountain

Doom

Halloween_House

Hell_Escape

Mirrors_Edge

Rooftop_Runaway_2 Source

Thousand_Steps

Surf_Sahok

Naruto Source

Surf_Froyo  <--This maps a 50/50 people like it, people hate it.

Starwars_V1

TESV_Skyrim

Farmhouse

Tkara

Haunted_Lab

Maps to remove I suggest

Legolands_Crackhead

I will be adding legolands crackhead to admin noms. This map has never done well for our server, but I feel that we could hype it up with admin nom, or add it to on of our monthly map for an exclusive skin until next map is picked.  I will also be adding Froyo to the admin noms list.
Thank you for linking maps with a download link.

Now its a hassle to most including myself where if one were to spam crouch, there is a HUGE delay.

Would be more convenient and efficient to spam whenever you please.

Helps doing lasers and whatever else necessary.
I will look into asking an Engineer to create a plug in that disables crouch spam protection. This is something that should have been looked into quite a while back when this was implmented into csgo.

Next is the jumping zombies. This is a huge one.

Zombies should not be able to keep spamming spacebar to avoid being knocked back.

This has cost everyone 1000's and 1000's of games due to a single zombie being way to over powered while spamming jump.

The zombies move forward while the defenders get yelled at for bad defense.
I've asked people to look into this. I'm not sure how to keep behopping not nerfed without disabling jump spam. 
Maybe someone can chime in an idea.*

Now the Zombies are way too over powered with HP.

I find that the first zombie should get minimum 20,000HP where as other zombies should die quicker.

My suggestion is that zombies should have 10,000 or 9,000 HP.

This gives the Ct's a better chance of killing zombies faster and more of a reward for the ones NOT doorhumping.

This is something already in progess. 

Next is the molotovs. In my opinion with many others, There is no need.

Get rid of them and let the HE grenades take over.

Leave a grenade maxiumum of 2 per person. 

Taking appreciation and knowing the value of a single HE grenade.

I'm not sure how the community stands on this. I will ask around.

Another suggestion is for new weapons being bought should already be loaded.

Many servers have this option of weapons already loaded after being bought throughout the game, so why not ours.

This gives us a better chance for survival also so its a win win.
This is to avoid an exploit that was done in the past. Essentially if you don't have to pay for a gun with on a certain buy menu, you can infindently buy weapons without needing to reload. You just whip out a gun, pull the cock back on the barrel, and shoot. This exploit makes duos and trios feel unworthy of winning and ruins round. 

The nominations cool down is too short and the time it takes to pick next map should be doubled.

Doubling the time gives more of a chance to successfully complete maps.

In the future I highly suggest having separate map nominations list. 

In the next nominations list you have try hard maps that need a specific amount of players in the server in order to play that map.

A certain amount to nominate that map also should be a thing aswell.

This gives more of a reason for other players to appreciate a tryhard map when it is time.
This is something we will have to have planned out before we bring the idea up to an ENG.
I think having a certain amount of players to pick try hard maps will be restrictive. 
I've been throwing around an idea, and I'm not sure if I like it or not, but it's leaning toward the negative.
Essentially what I'm thinking is that after you have your defender rank and you get 2x skillbot points, you have x2 nomination power. 
This will disallow a random people shrilling out maps they have no clue really are, and will give the regulars a stronger vote. Who needs demacracy? :kappa: 
I'm fairly uncertain which direction I want to take with the nomination list. Keep it, or change it.

A map cooldown should be extended by hours so maps like Icecap aren't picked very often.

Gives players time trying other maps that haven't been touched in a very long time.

If I have anymore suggestions I will not hesitate to inform you all.

~StarSlayer

Thank you on your input on improving the server. There are some changes I definetly want to see happen that are on this list. Thank you for all the maps.

1 hour ago, Battlemech7 said:

I wouldnt mind seeing a zombie get killed for the first time in active play (aka not an afk zombie). The health and health regen is insane. Escaping from zombies that are constantly being added to by shitty trim players, and not being able to kill them (and they STAY DEAD) to even the odds is a bit annoying.

Edited by MistaChang

10 hours ago, StarSlayer said:

Leave a grenade maxiumum of 2 per person. 

Taking appreciation and knowing the value of a single HE grenade.

I agree with most of your suggests except for this one, few people utilize all 4 possible HEs which you can buy on sG, let alone even one in a round unless asked to. Until the server improves enough overall to where this crutch isn't needed, I'd say we should keep this feature, it helps new people learn and get further in maps than they would've, and while occasionally there is grenade spam, I would actually be interested in the statistics of who uses all 4 nades in a round. My estimation would be that it's only 25% of the playerbase, with the other 75% averaging 1, meaning it balances out to 2 in a sense. Just think this is a needed crutch right now, should be revisited in the future though.

Edit: Also in regards to the maps, I hope to do a quick playthrough of a few levels of each before they're added to the public nom list, as a port of feywood the bosses have double hp (ice brought this to my attention so tyvm ice), along with other problems brought about through certain ports, so I think it'd be best to roll them out slowly in order to ensure that the maps are properly tested and work well.

Edited by willy (wilson)

1 hour ago, willy (wilson) said:

Edit: Also in regards to the maps, I hope to do a quick playthrough of a few levels of each before they're added to the public nom list, as a port of feywood the bosses have double hp (ice brought this to my attention so tyvm ice), along with other problems brought about through certain ports, so I think it'd be best to roll them out slowly in order to ensure that the maps are properly tested and work well.

Star linked a broken port of feywood anyways. There is a new port that came out on February 2nd on Net4All that I think has working hp, though I haven't tested it myself (only been told it should be fine). The link for the newest port should be: http://storage.net4all.ru/fastdl/csgo-ze/maps/ze_ffxii_feywood_b4_k1.bsp.bz2. (Note that one can't test boss hp alone, since it was the scaling that was off. Would need a decently full server to test it).

As for the other maps, farmhouse crashes all CS:GO servers (or at least it was doing it about a month ago), so you won't find any servers running it. We used to have it as the default map for a while, but it was removed when a CS:GO update started making it crash. Also, starwars and skyrim are over 150 megabytes. Iirc, our fastdl won't support maps of 150 or greater.

Edited by Ice

@MistaChang @Ice @fps_trucka @willy (wilson)

Another suggestion.

When people are throwing their He grenades. Zombies get no knock back at all. 

When zombies are hit by these they just shoot up in the air for a second.

Due to this happening causes many players getting griefed. 

Throwing these on purpose causes other players who are safe while defending get an unnecessary trim.

Give the zombies knockback instead of firing them up when hit by grenades.

All other servers have this and makes sense that zombies should be blown back instead of fired in the sky as its a highly explosive grenade.

Another suggestion.

Zombies should have more accessibility In choosing which skin they'd prefer.

New zombie skins maybe?

Edited by StarSlayer

Map Suggestions:

ze_a_e_s_t_h_e_t_i_c_v1_1

ze_chrono_trigger_b3

ze_doom_p2 (StarSlayer linked an older version of this map in his post)

ze_elevator_escape_p2

ze_ashen_keep_v0_3_csgo3 (StarSlayer linked the Source version, not the Global Offensive version)

ze_games_v2_1

ze_great_crate_escape_v6

ze_industrial_dejavu_v3_3_3_e2_d

ze_island_escape_p3

ze_mirrors_edge_reborn_v4_2_p3 (StarSlayer linked an older version of this map in his post)

ze_naruto_p (StarSlayer linked the Source version, not the Global Offensive version)

ze_trainescape_final_p2

Map Updates:

Version we have                                      ->   Newest version I know of
ze_bioshock_v6_2_csgo4                          ->   ze_bioshock_v6_2_csgo6
ze_bunker_escape_v1_1                           ->   ze_bunker_escape_v1_2
ze_deadcore_c18                                     ->   ze_deadcore_v1_1
ze_greencity                                            ->   ze_greencity_fix
ze_insensible_sr8gm6yj12hs7_rg_v9_3_1   ->   ze_insensible_sr8gm6yj12hs7_RG_v9_6
ze_lila_panic_escape_v2                           ->   ze_lila_panic_escape_v3
ze_project_alcaria_v1_7                           ->   ze_project_alcaria_v3
ze_roof_adventure_v6                              ->   ze_roof_adventure_v7_1
ze_sky_temples_v2a                                 ->   ze_Sky_Temples_v3
ze_titanic_escape_v2_3_p                         ->   ze_titanic_escape_v2 (They were ported by different people. The one I linked is a better port.)

Map Duplicates:
We have 2 versions of boat escape, 1 should be removed since they are basically the same map. I favor ze_boatescape5_csgo_b4 but honestly don't care that much which we keep. Here are the 2 versions we have:
ze_boatescape101_p 
ze_boatescape5_csgo_b4

Admin Nominations:

Move Christmas maps to admin nomination only (meaning in server files but without their names in the text file the nomination plugin pulls from) and replace with normal equivalent (if applicable):
ze_dangerous_waters_xmas_v2_4             ->   ze_dangerous_waters_v2_final
ze_sorrento_xmas_v1_e2                         ->   ze_sorrento_escape_v2
ze_christmas_infection_p                          ->   ze_christmas_infection_p2 (Update then move to admin only nom please)

Although we have ze_otakuroom_v5_6f, these 2 maps are completely different (Different paths but based on the same kz map, so they are different versions. Like the 2 versions of rizomata we currently have on the server). Even though they are different though, I don't think both should be in normal nominations since most people won't want to go from one weeb map to another:
ze_otakuroom_v3_4

This map would be for an admin to swap to when there aren't enough people to do a normal ze map. It is basically just a mashup of end lasers in other zombie escape maps that people can just practice on alone or with only a few people on the server:
ze_training_map_v1_1

Edited by Ice
Crossing out maps that were added

Custom Zombie Class Suggestions:

I realized that some servers that are popular, such as Mapeadores, have a plugin where players can choose between separate zombie classes, each with different features. I will list a few ideas of classes that I have, as well as the features that should be associated with each class.

Default Zombie:

This zombie class would have a basic zombie model, and would have average baseline health (6-7k HP would be ideal baseline health) with no extra feature. This would be the zombie that would be defaulted to players who first join the server.

Fast Zombie:

This zombie class would have a more unique looking zombie model, but would still fit the characteristics of a fast moving zombie. This zombie should have an increase in speed aside from other zombies, such as +10% speed, but should have a lot less health to balance it out. I feel like 3k HP for this type of zombie would be ideal.

Tank Zombie:

This zombie class would have a larger, more bulky zombie model. This zombie should have reduced knockback from other zombies and should have a larger amount of HP, but should have a decrease in speed from the other zombie classes. I feel like 15k HP, and a -10% speed to this class would be ideal.

Regeneration Zombie:

This zombie class would have a smaller size than the other zombie classes. This zombie would start out with the baseline of about 7k HP, but would regenerate its HP over time. I feel like 50-100 HP per second would be fair. That might seem over-powered to some, so to balance this out this zombie should have an increase to its knockback.

Jumping Zombie:

This zombie should have a taller, lankier look to its zombie model. This zombie would have average speed and average HP, but should have an increase to its jump height. I feel like a 10% increase to its jump height would be ideal.

If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to add to the list.

Whilst the creation of this plugin would probably take some time and work, I feel like the effects it would have on our current player population, which only seems to really be active on the weekends, would be in the extreme positives. Having the option to choose a zombie class gives players the freedom to play how they want to play, and would make playing as a zombie more interesting. I notice that a reason people tend to quit is because they become zombies, and at that point its boring to just be shot at all the time. However, if you have the freedom to choose a feature to match how you play the game, I feel like that would prevent that type of loss to players. Any feedback is appreciated, and thank you!

On 2/17/2018 at 11:08 PM, Darkfrywarrior said:

Custom Zombie Class Suggestions:

I realized that some servers that are popular, such as Mapeadores, have a plugin where players can choose between separate zombie classes, each with different features. I will list a few ideas of classes that I have, as well as the features that should be associated with each class.

Default Zombie:

This zombie class would have a basic zombie model, and would have average baseline health (6-7k HP would be ideal baseline health) with no extra feature. This would be the zombie that would be defaulted to players who first join the server.

Fast Zombie:

This zombie class would have a more unique looking zombie model, but would still fit the characteristics of a fast moving zombie. This zombie should have an increase in speed aside from other zombies, such as +10% speed, but should have a lot less health to balance it out. I feel like 3k HP for this type of zombie would be ideal.

Tank Zombie:

This zombie class would have a larger, more bulky zombie model. This zombie should have reduced knockback from other zombies and should have a larger amount of HP, but should have a decrease in speed from the other zombie classes. I feel like 15k HP, and a -10% speed to this class would be ideal.

Regeneration Zombie:

This zombie class would have a smaller size than the other zombie classes. This zombie would start out with the baseline of about 7k HP, but would regenerate its HP over time. I feel like 50-100 HP per second would be fair. That might seem over-powered to some, so to balance this out this zombie should have an increase to its knockback.

Jumping Zombie:

This zombie should have a taller, lankier look to its zombie model. This zombie would have average speed and average HP, but should have an increase to its jump height. I feel like a 10% increase to its jump height would be ideal.

If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to add to the list.

Whilst the creation of this plugin would probably take some time and work, I feel like the effects it would have on our current player population, which only seems to really be active on the weekends, would be in the extreme positives. Having the option to choose a zombie class gives players the freedom to play how they want to play, and would make playing as a zombie more interesting. I notice that a reason people tend to quit is because they become zombies, and at that point its boring to just be shot at all the time. However, if you have the freedom to choose a feature to match how you play the game, I feel like that would prevent that type of loss to players. Any feedback is appreciated, and thank you!

@MistaChang thoughts?

While I personally prefer default zombies, if we do get custom z classes, don't include a zombie that can jump higher. There are jumps on a few maps that are only a little bit too high to be made as of now, and an increase in jump height would allow zombies to get to places/use shortcuts that humans cant access and were not intended by the map creator.

@fps_trucka 

If you want to code in zombie classes I will create a new thread for classes. 
The classes will have to have an assigned skin to each.

I was against the idea for a long time, but many players are interested in it and I think it would be worthwhile to do now.

We should work on the no knock back from jumping zombies before this project though.

I also think we should look into making it so you can spam crouch like you used to be able to because it makes jumping easier.

Edited by MistaChang

The only change I want is fixing zombies spamming jump and not taking knockback. It is absolutely ridiculously overpowered. I've seen 2 zombies spam jump/strafe up a narrow hallway filled with humans. It also makes shotguns completely useless since even headshotting them with a sawed shotty is completely neutralized.

On Zombie classes ZE maps are not balanced on zombie classes. They assume that you will have standard movespeed. I don't think having varying classes on zombies is what we need either. It adds a layer of complexity that is not intuitive and could frustrate new players who don't know why some zombies are super fast or why some zombies are not taking much knockback.

About the rush B map, currently there is a newer version. ze_rush_b_v1_4, where parts of the map were improved. Unfortunately I don’t have the map download, but I can try ask the map creator if we can’t find the map download.