Rem

Anyone else sick of the oversaturation of super hero movies?

I'm seriously getting sick of all these movies showing up. Most of them, especially in the MCU, have the same exact plot and only exist to set up the next movie which will do the exact same thing. There are a few exceptions of couse, like Deadpool or Logan, However, most of the modern superhero movies fall into this mold. Of course they make a lot of money, but that isn't an excuse to not put in any effort to create a unique and enjoyable experience.

I personally have gotten tired of hearing about Spider-Man movies. Can't speak about the newest one as it was pretty good but kind of got burnt out after the two before it 

the new super hero movies seem pretty rushed and watered down in my opinion. lets just take logan for example. the movie was kinda hard to follow, and the amount of opening scenes where logan "wakes up" got so repetitive (i think he wakes up to a scene like 7 times). I'm not going to get into spoilers but the ending felt so lack luster i was just so disappointed i wasted money on that movie when i could've waited a few months and watched it for free. 

i saw the new spider man and i wasn't that thrilled with it either. 

I do get tired of some movies like Spider-Man because the same plot happens over and over again. Although the new one was really good at least I think. But other than that I like most of the superhero movies

1 hour ago, Dr Pepper said:

the new super hero movies seem pretty rushed and watered down in my opinion. lets just take logan for example. the movie was kinda hard to follow, and the amount of opening scenes where logan "wakes up" got so repetitive (i think he wakes up to a scene like 7 times). I'm not going to get into spoilers but the ending felt so lack luster i was just so disappointed i wasted money on that movie when i could've waited a few months and watched it for free. 

i saw the new spider man and i wasn't that thrilled with it either. 

Logan or wolverine ?

2 hours ago, Rem said:

I'm seriously getting sick of all these movies showing up. Most of them, especially in the MCU, have the same exact plot and only exist to set up the next movie which will do the exact same thing. There are a few exceptions of couse, like Deadpool or Logan, However, most of the modern superhero movies fall into this mold. Of course they make a lot of money, but that isn't an excuse to not put in any effort to create a unique and enjoyable experience.

No one goes to a super hero movie looking for a deep meaningful story, they go for the large CGI battles at the end.

Yes I get tired of them and am not too interested in them anymore. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all. Haven't checked out a superhero movie since Deadpool and before that I think I saw Xmen First Class. 

Movies are becoming like comic books back in the day. Oversaturated with cookie cutter storylines and plots:

- Something traumatic happens to main character

- Main character sets out on mission to seek revenge or help stop what's going to happen next

- Main character goes through times of despair...  thinking what needs to be done, can't be done

- Main character gets inspiration they need to defeat the bad guys

- Predictable happy ending, except possible conflict to arise last minute to promote sequel

I don't know.. maybe I've also just grown out of them too and would rather spend my time watching/doing something else. 

Edited by Travesty