Login to Account Create an Account
Recently Added Posts
sG Theme Song Contest April 2nd to April 5th
Can you believe that for how long sG has been around that we never had an official theme song? We have had server songs before but never an original made one for our entire community. We have decided that sG needs a common theme song to use across all of our ventures. We need your help in this effort. It is well known how creative, imaginative, mature, and loyal the sG community is and this is why we seek you help. This help is in the form of a new contest.
Submissions should be made in a new post. Depending on the number of entries staff will go through them and pick our top 5. We will then hold a community vote for the winner. Yes, sG will have our own form of American Idol as you the community are the deciding vote.
The winning song will be placed on all sG servers that support "welcome music" and a snippet of the song will be the new welcome music to our game servers. Staff also hold bi-weekly meetings with all staff members present. The order of business usually dictates opening remarks, a prayer, and then agenda for the meeting. In these opening statements staff promises that we will play the sG Theme Song at every meeting.
- Song submissions must be posted here
- Songs must be between 30 seconds and 8 minutes
- Songs must be original. This contest is for original content not what you think would be "cool"
- No submissions from professional DJ, Producers, or singer/songwriters unless you speak with our lawyers beforehand to work out licensing issues
3 months of admin on the server of your choice as well as moderation rights on the forums. Don't like someones post? Instead of neg reping them how about infracting them instead!
The 4 entries that made it to the final vote but lost the community vote will receive a CD of the winning entry song with the sG logo printed on the front! Only 10 of these CDs will be made and sure to be a highly valued collectible. You will also receive a numbered certificate of authenticity.
We are excited to hear the type of well thought out, high quality work we know this community is capable of!!!!
101 Views · 11 Replies ( Last reply by Matthew )
Easter War3 Event April 4th to end of April 12th
It’s been a decent while since the last War3 event and once again it is time for one. This time around it is going to be an Easter theme event so expect to see some eggs or maybe a bunny? Who knows at this point. For the duration of the event experience will be multiplied by 1.5 or 50% increase.
As always we thank our Engineer crew for developing this event to make it happen. Thank you Thorgot, MrCoolness, Name, Skitt and Bulletford.
- The sG global guidelines must be followed at all times.
- Staff are not eligible to win prizes (SO’s can win prizes).
- You must have a forum account at www.joinsg.net and not be banned from the servers or the forums at the time of the event in order to be eligible for prizes.
- Do not attempt to loophole these rules, if you are caught doing so, you will be disqualified.
- Do not attempt to cheat or glitch the event.
- Any issues or questions can be sent to me.
- skillstats <skillname> - check the stats a skill
- egg or eggs - check your current egg count
- eggtop - see the leaderboards for most eggs collected
You may only win once. Winners will be picked going down the list, so if you are a winner for the first category you will be skipped for the second and so on. Each winner of each category will be awarded a prize, a war3 event badge on the forums and an entry for the raffle prize.
Race testers, if you wish to compete for the "Highest level" categories or a category where a new race is being used for this event, contact Thorgot to have your levels reset in those races.
- Highest level in Xian
- Highest level in Angel of Light
- Highest level in Human Marine
- Most damage dealt by Second-Hand Smoke
- Most damage dealt by Shadespawn's Vicious Strikes skill
- Most Kills with Gargoyle's Stone Form
- Most damage dealt with Orc's Chain Lightning
- Most Crit Kills ("crit" in the skillstats menu)
- Most flashbang kills plus kills from Ogre Stonethrower's Power Throw
- Most Eggs collected
It's going to work the same way as the Halloween event, where some prizes (painted eggs) spawn at the start of the round and give you a bonus for the round (like speed or longjump) and other prizes (white eggs) spawn on death and give you an egg for the contest.
Here's what an egg will look like when you find one: link.
If you wish to add more to the following prize pool, you are welcome to donate. Depending on what it is, we might add another challenge or add it as another raffle prize between the winners.
- 10 banklevels for each winner
- War3 Event Forum Badge for each winner
- 10 x $10 steam games (Thanks Jason)
- Race Expertise: Pick a race for Thorgot to code an expertise to, has to be a race without an expertise.
As always with events we are releasing a bunch of new races to the public. Thanks Face and PandaRanger for contributing many of the races below. Have fun!
- Human Marine
- Angel of Light
Good Luck and Have Fun!
153 Views · 11 Replies ( Last reply by Jeff The Flying Shark )
Over the next few days we will be migrating our Dallas box to LA and every server will have to go down at some point for around 10 minutes.
I don't have an exact date or time right now, but when I do I will make a post with all the info.
The Teamspeak server that was hosted on the Dallas box is currently being moved, but we have brought it back up on the LA box.
The new temporary IP is: services-1.joinsg.net
Minecraft will be shut off for the migration tomorrow at 9 PM CST and we have no ETA on when it will be back up.
I will be updating this thread with a new post when I have more info.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
EDIT: Teamspeak is back on voice.joinsg.net, your DNS may need some time to update, so if you're having trouble connecting try services-2.joinsg.net